News & Events
Job fair opportunities program had been conducted by our renowned organization of Bharathi ChildFund India project. Actually, the matter of fact the program was providing the golden opportunities for job oriented to the unemployment youths.
Distribution of Education Kits and Solar Lamps:
This ceremony are started on 10 am at our project office, The children and parents was coming one by one from our intervention area, Our project staff Mr.Sathish welcome to all on the gate. Everybody site the arranged chair at village wise, All the education kits and solar lantern are kept at behind the stage. Around 01.pm the chief functionary reached. This programme started at 02.pm and all are introduced by our office staff. Above 100 education kits distributed by the chief functionary after that our office staffs distributed all the materials to the enrolled children. Around 6.0pm this function concluded with national anthem.
Then chief guest Mr.Sundharavadivel in his address shared his experience as a student, where he used to study with kerocin lantern since there was no electricity at his home due to his family condition but now he is one of the Tasilthar (bill collector) in the State. Chief Guest Mr.Josiaraj gave the brief conversation about child protection. Our BWDC President Ms. Kusalakumaribriefed about “important of education” and how to achieve the goals to enrolled children. After that, the Solar lanterns were distribute to Children’s at 12 Child Resource Centres namely Kallar, Ulavarnagar, Vilunthamavadi, Puthuppalli, Vettaikaraniruppu, Naluvethapathi, Maniyantheevu, Mottandithoppu, Kollithevu, Poovanthoppu, Kodiyakarai and Kodiyakadu in total 605 solar lantern were distributed to the enrolled children at life stage 2 and finally our LS-2 Coordinator Mr. Praphakar delivered Vote of thanks to all. The event was concluded with National Anthem. There after all the participants were thanked to Bhrathi and Child Fund International, USA.
BWDC is a member driven organization with a collaborative, consensus based approach to identify and facilitate programmes and services that benefits the community. It receives strategic guidance in fulfilling these objectives from the Governing Board, which is comprised of elected members from the leadership of BWDC member as well as independent Board members. Currently, BWDC has board members that supports the broad goals of the organization and provides overall direction to its activities for ensuring the healthy and sustainable development of its community.
The last Board meeting was organised on 30th June 2017 under the leadership of Mr. M. Nagarajan, Secretary and Mr. Kusalakumarai, Present and other members of the board.
The followings were discussed:
- The members of the board discussed about the development of the organization. They discussed about the programmes and projects to be implemented during the current year and also last year.
- The credits which are being disbursed through the BWDC Micro Finance Programme were indeed useful to the people living in Thiruvarur and Nagapattinam district.
- Bharathi’s Home for Aged has been successfully implementing and addressing the needs of the senior citizens. The residents are living happily in the home and maintained with self-care and hygiene.
- BWDC has been successfully implementing its other projects such as Integrated Rehabilitation Centre for Addicts, Family Counselling Centre and Child Sponsorship Programme at Thiruvarur and Nagapattinam district.
- Members have also discussed about strategic planning for the upcoming years and implementation of the existing projects.
- President Mrs. Kusalakumari expressed that BWDC is one of the largest micro finance organization and one of the fastest growing organization in Tamilnadu.
- Last but not least, Secretary Mr. Nagarajan expressed that BWDC is helpful to the poor and downtrodden and Bharathi’s credit programme is not only useful to children’s education but also for women’s development. People are voluntarily approachingBharathi for credit because special provisions and priority is being provided with lesser formalities. People are also paying their credits voluntarily without any force.
Mrs. Selvakumari has requested co-operation from the board for implementing the projects and delivered vote of thanks.
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) is a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) of the Government of India, under the administrative control of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. The ONGC Group is also known for their community driven and community centric development work. The Group’s ethos on social responsibility focuses on not just taking care of its own employee, but enabling and enriching the communities around the areas where its plants establishment are located.
Bharathi Women Development Centre, has been partnered in strategizing and implementing CSR project of ONGC. BWDC has done tireless work in Thriurvarur and Nagapattinam districts of Southern Tamilnadu since 2009 hand in hand with the government and civil society that has yielded its result by showing a definite improvement in health and sanitation.
Based on the work background and the credentials, BWDC with the support of ONGC constructed a total of 30 numbers of toilets in Eravancherry and Kuttalampanchayat of Nagapattinam district. The inauguration ceremony was conducted on 28th June 2016 at Kuttalam in co-ordination with ONGC. Eminent chief guests were invited for the toilet opening ceremony which includes Mr. Narayanamoorthy, Chief Manager-HR/In-charge CSR, Mr. Madhavan, Deputy Manager, HR, Mr. Thangaraj, DGM, Production-Term 1, Mr. Ashok Kumar, SC/ST Welfare Chairman for ONGC, Cauvery Asset, Karaikal, Mr. Jesudoss, EravancherryPanchayat President and Mr. Thiruneelakandan, KuttalamPanchayat President.
Mr.Thangaraj, DGM opened the toilet. Mr. Narayanamoorthy and Mr. Mathavan addressed the programme. The programme was ended with vote of thanks by two Village Panchayat Presidents.