FINISH – Health & Sanitation
With the funding support from FINISH – Financial Inclusion Improves Sanitation and Health, BMDC strives to improve sanitation and thereby, living and economic conditions of poor rural and per-urban households, through economic incentives, primarily enhancing financial inclusion of these households. Under this programme1 million toilets will be constructed throughout the country over a period of five years or so. Since the signing of “Memorandum of Understanding “ with the Finish Society in the year 2009 the programme is being implemented vigorously.
- Individual Household Latrines
- Capacity building of community, animators, school children, PRIs.
- Information, Education and Communication (IEC)Activities.
- Provision of loans for toilet construction (constructing a hygienic toilet, consisting of three models – Septic tank, Single pit &Double pit including the costs of requisite materials, construction and labor). Loans were disbursed for renovation of existing toilets.
- School Sanitation.
- Linkages with government subsidy schemes.
- BWDC creates new designs which are suitable to the people, area, geographical and climatic conditions.